Saturday, January 30, 2016

Confessions Of A Tramadol User (and How To Find A Better Painkiller)

The continuous intake of prescription pain medication, especially narcotic ones such as Tramadol, has been a controversial topic in the pharmaceutical world. All doctors know that pain medication should not be the end-all and be-all of treating or managing chronic pain, especially since the habit is prone to misuse and abuse. There is a longstanding debate on whether taking narcotic painkillers can lead to addiction, however there have been evidential instances that show exactly how addiction can happen.
Jane (not her real name), 29, a music teacher from Brooklyn, has recently undergone successful rehabilitation from her addiction to Tramadol. She initially got a prescription for Tramadol to treat recurring migraines that were hindering her from teaching her classes. However, after just 3 months of Tramadol use, she caught herself more and more hooked to taking Tramadol — even when she didn’t have migraines.
Here, Jane recounts the warning signs she experienced as she was getting hooked to the narcotic painkiller.
1. “I thought about Tramadol a lot.”
After a week of taking Tramadol once a day, Jane says she kept worrying about what would happen if she ran out of Tramadol. She could not explain why she thought she would run out, however, she admits feeling anxious about not having Tramadol with her.
“I would double check my bag to see if I packed [Tramadol] with me. Thirty minutes later, I would be checking my bag again.”
Jane says she also kept thinking about when to take Tramadol again.
2. “I took more Tramadol than was prescribed.”
Not only did Jane anticipate when her next dosage would be taken, she also resorted to taking the matter into her own hands.
“Sometimes, I took 2 caps instead of just one. And then I would take another one after a meal just to be sure.”
The more Jane took Tramadol on a daily basis, the more she felt the need to increase her dosage without her doctor’s knowledge. “Sometimes, I would take 2 caps instead of one. And then I would take another one after a meal just to be sure.”
3. “I got angry when confronted about it.”
After a month of Tramadol use, Jane’s family and friends started noticing the changes in her behavior. Colleen, Jane’s best friend, says that Jane got “snappier” or would bicker more often. She also said that the littlest things would irritate Jane.
Nothing flared up Jane’s temper more than being asked about her pain medication. “My family and friends would ask me about Tramadol and I would snap at them, telling them it’s none of their business. I mistook their concern for nosiness, so I just told them off.”
Her snappy attitude caused a lot of her friends to stay away from her, and soon, it started getting lonely in Jane’s world. “Nobody picked up my calls. Everyone was suddenly too busy to come meet me. It was the most horrible time of my life.”
4. “I just wanted to die.”
Jane’s behavioral changes spiraled deep into depression, and she found herself thinking about death a lot.
“It really surprised me because I didn’t used to be like this. I was a happy person, content with my job. I loved music. I loved teaching it. But during those times, I skipped a lot of my classes and I didn’t really feel good about myself.”
Thankfully, Jane realized that she had a problem. She couldn’t take the heaviness of the sadness she carried for no reason, so she sought professional help.
If you or a loved one are experiencing similar warning signs as the ones narrated by Jane, please get in touch with a doctor or a therapist. What you have is a serious matter and it should only be handled by professionals trained to diagnose and treat these symptoms.
If you are a Tramadol user, don’t wait for these symptoms to start appearing. Replace your painkiller NOW. There are better and safer alternatives available for you. Tramasol(not to be confused with Tramadol) is one such medicine that acts as a better painkiller than narcotic medication such as Tramadol. It works by reacting with the opioid receptors in your brain, but it does not affect your serotonin and norepinephrine the way Tramadol does.
Depression from Tramadol intake is caused by the depletion of these neurotransmitters. Once low on serotonin and norepinephrine, it becomes difficult for the individual to process happy feelings.
Stay happy and pain-free with alternative and safe medication such as Tramasol. Tell a friend about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment